- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Muriel Dorothy "Peewee" Bowman, 75, of Olive Branch, formerly of Marion, died Saturday, June 7, 2003, at Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion.
She was born Jan. 30, 1928, in Wooten-Under-Edge, England, the daughter of Albert and Elizabeth "Ellen" Fletcher Allen. She and John W. Bowman were married June 2, 1945, in England.
She was a member of the Church of England.
Survivors include her husband of Olive Branch; a daughter, Karen Walrack of Marion; a son, Allen Bowman of Olive Branch; three sisters, Joyce Breiktopf of Ireland; Joan Golding and Peggy Long, both of England; four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. today at East Lawn Memorial Gardens Mausoleum in Energy, Ill., with the Rev. Kevin McNeely officiating. Burial will follow.
Crain Funeral Home of Tamms is in charge of arrangements.