- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape Girarardeau City Council agenda 8/1/05
Today, 7 p.m.
City Hall, 401 Independence St.
Study session at 5 p.m.
* A public hearing regarding the request of the Trust of Robert F. and Gertrude L. Shuck and Raycom America Inc. (owner of KFVS-TV) to rezone 229 N. Lorimier St. from R-4, multi-family residential district, to C-3, central business district.
* A public hearing regarding the property tax rates proposed to be set by the city of Cape Girardeau for the fiscal year beginning July 1 and the real property tax rate proposed to be set for the Special Business District No. 2.
(Second and third readings)
* An ordinance accepting a permanent utility easement from Lowes Home Centers Inc. for waterline improvements.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of DSWD Independence Subdivision No. 3.
* An ordinance accepting a quit claim deed from the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for work related to the South Ramsey Branch lift station and force main project.
* An ordinance to execute an agreement with the Missouri Department of Transportation for a grant to fund the taxi coupon program.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of The Villas of West Park.
* An ordinance establishing speed limits on Siemers Drive.
* An ordinance rezoning 229 N. Lorimier Street from residential to commercial.
* An ordinance levying the annual city property tax, library fund tax and public health tax, and the Special Business District No. 2 tax for the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2006.
* An ordinance to execute a general warranty deed to Alliance Bank for real property.
* An ordinance accepting a general warranty deed from Alliance Bank for a property transfer with the city of Cape Girardeau.
* An ordinance amending Ordinance No. 3520 appropriating funds for operating expenditures, debt service payments, capital expenditures and transfers for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2005.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Deevers Farm-Phase I Subdivision.
* A resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an Escrow Agreement with Cape Custom Homes LLC and Regions Bank for the Deevers Farm-Phase I Subdivision.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an Engineering Services Agreement with Heneghan and Associates, P.C., for Independence Street improvements.
* A resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Proposal to Manage Recyclable Materials with IDI Environmental & Recycling, LLC/Inter-Rail Systems Inc.
* A resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Supplemental Lease Agreement with the U.S. General Services Administration for office space at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a Claims Administration Agreement with Corporate Claims Management, Inc. for the administration of workers' compensation claims.
* Conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales liquor license for Cape Roadhouse, d/b/a Texas Roadhouse, 13 Doctor's Park Drive, Brian Judd, managing officer.
* Approval of a temporary 5 percent beer by the drink license for Southeast Missouri Hospital Foundation d/b/a Southeast Showcase Food and Beverage Party to be held at the Show Me Center Oct. 28 to 30.
* A motion granting a request for an out-of-district sewer connection from George H. Wrape Jr. at 2320 Perryville Road in Sewer District 14-R-3.
* A motion approving the preliminary plat of Willow Park Neighborhood.
* A motion accepting into the city's system the streets, sanitary sewers, water lines and storm sewers in the dedicated right-of-way in Ashland Court Phase III and authorizing the release of escrow covering these improvements.
* A motion setting the date for a special city council meeting to declare the results of the Aug. 2 special municipal election.