- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
COBDEN, Ill. -- John Dale "J.D." Aldridge, 77, of Cobden died Friday, July 29, 2005, at his home.
He was born May 19, 1928, at Cobden, son of John P. and Zelma Ica "Boss" Lasley Aldridge. He and Elizabeth Anne Browning were married June 22, 1952, in Alto Pass, Ill.
Aldridge was a retired operating engineer and coal miner. He was a member of the Operating Engineers Local 318 and the Cobden American Legion. Aldridge served on the Cobden School Board for 30 years and volunteered many hours for the Cobden City Park Khuory League. He was a member, deacon and trustee at the Congregational Church in Alto Pass. Aldridge served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Julia Edmonds of Anna, Ill., Michelle Aldridge of Grandview, Mo.; three sisters, Lovella Graig of Cobden, Janet Browning of Anna, Pat Gott McNeill of Jonesboro, Ill.; a brother, Bill Aldridge of Anna; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by an infant son and a granddaughter.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Revs. Brian Morrison and Larry McIntosh officiating. Burial will be in Mount Tabor Cemetery with military honors by VFW Post 3455.