- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. --Velma "Vi" Jones, 89, of Chaffee died Friday, July 29, 2005, at her niece's residence in Chaffee.
She was born Nov. 22, 1915, at Brewer, daughter of Joseph L. and Bertha Propst McGraw. She and Woodrow Lindle Jones were married Feb. 13, 1939. He died Aug. 1, 1999.
Survivors include a sister, Bertha Odell of Farmington, Mo.
She was preceded in death by eight brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Sedgewickville Cemetery.