- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Smiths renew vows on 50th
Mr. and Mrs. Robert B. "Skip" Smith of Jackson celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary April 26, 2003, at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The couple renewed their vows and mass was said by the Rev. J. Friedel. A dinner and dance followed. About 300 guests attended.
Smith and Edna T. Greaser were married April 25, 1953, at St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau by the Most Rev. Marion Forst. Members of the wedding party in attendance were Clarence Greaser Jr., Audrey Humes, Elaine Brame, Bill Dannenmueller and Arthur Hahn.
The couple has six children: Brad and Bruce Smith of Jackson; Susan Jackson, Randy and Scott Smith of Cape Girardeau; and Rodger Smith of Maryland Heights, Mo. They have 14 grandchildren.