- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Weldon A. Hennemann, 73, of Perryville died Tuesday, July 26, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girar-deau.
He was born Feb. 25, 1932, in Perryville, son of August and Corine Schott Hennemann. He and Velda Welland were married Nov. 22, 1955.
Hennemann retired from Mississippi Lime Co. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Holy Name Society, American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, AmVets, and 3rd Degree member of Knights of Columbus.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, David Welland of Perryville, Dennis Hennemann of Jackson; two daughters, Kathy Meyer of St. Louis, Brenda Ochs of Perryville; a sister, Betty Pourney of Perryville; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Friday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. A Catholic wake will be held at 7 tonight, followed by VFW wake at 7:30.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery with military graveside rites provided by American Legion Post 133.