- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PATTON, Mo. -- Audie R. Moyers, 89, of Patton died Wednesday, July 27, 2005, at Eldercare of Marble Hill, Mo.
He was born Sept. 9, 1915, near Marquand, Mo., son of the Rev. Ira and Lauretta Farmer Moyers. He and Maimie Presnell were married July 13, 1940.
Moyers was a retired carpenter and auto mechanic. He attended Mt. Carmel Baptist Church.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a brother, Hersel Moyers of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Novella Lunsford and Doretta Martin of Park Hills, Mo.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and an infant sister.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Kirby Grindstaff will officiate. Burial will be in Patton Cemetery.