- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Dennis Orville Scheel, 65, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, July 26, 2005, at his home.
He was born Sept. 21, 1939, in Wolsey, S.D., son of Orville August and Hazel Christina Bonnes Scheel. He and Patricia L. Anderson were married May 29, 1970, in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Mr. Scheel received a bachelor of science degree in business from Augustana College in Sioux Falls. He was controller for Triangle Plastic Wire and Cable in Sikeston, Mo., 18 years, and then worked six years at Gilster-Mary Lee, retiring March 31, 2005. He was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.
He served in the National Guard.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter and son-in-law, Denise and Kurt Nuehring of St. Charles, Ill.; a son, Jason D. Scheel and Jill Turner of Watertown, Wis.; a sister and brother-in-law, Connie and Terry Bundy of Lincoln, Neb.; and a sister-in-law, Ardella Scheel of Sioux Falls.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and a brother, Larry Scheel.
Friends may call at Grace United Methodist Church from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Grace Church, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating.
Memorials may be made to Grace United Methodist Church or Southeast Hospice.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.