- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dennis Orville Scheel, 65, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, July 26, 2005, at his home.
He was born Sept. 21, 1939, in Wolsey, S.D., son of Orville August and Hazel Christina Bonnes Scheel. He and Patricia L. Anderson were married May 29, 1970, in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Mr. Scheel received a bachelor of science degree in business from Augustana College in Sioux Falls. He was controller for Triangle Plastic Wire and Cable in Sikeston, Mo., 18 years, and then worked six years at Gilster-Mary Lee, retiring March 31, 2005. He was a member of Grace United Methodist Church.
He served in the National Guard.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter and son-in-law, Denise and Kurt Nuehring of St. Charles, Ill.; a son, Jason D. Scheel and Jill Turner of Watertown, Wis.; a sister and brother-in-law, Connie and Terry Bundy of Lincoln, Neb.; and a sister-in-law, Ardella Scheel of Sioux Falls.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and a brother, Larry Scheel.
Friends may call at Grace United Methodist Church from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Grace Church, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating.
Memorials may be made to Grace United Methodist Church or Southeast Hospice.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.