- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Billie Sims Harris, 68, of Advance passed away Tuesday, July 26, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 4, 1937, in Advance, daughter of Nathan and Dortha Johnson Sims. She and David Harris were married Aug. 2, 1958, in Advance.
Billie was a 1955 graduate of Advance High School. She was a member of Dongola Friendship Baptist Church and Advance Order of Eastern Star.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Cindy Bonee of Advance; a brother, Jimmy John Sims of Advance; three sisters, Patsy Jenkins of Sun Lake, Ariz., Gaynell Fowler of Advance, Sharon Spane of Chandler, Ariz.; and two grandchildren, Ciara and Jacob Bonee of Advance.
She was preceded in death by her parents, and a brother, Nathan Sims Jr.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Dan Overton and Jay Scott officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Diabetes Association.