- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Clover Kids attend Dortha's Day Camp
The theme for Dortha's Day Camp for Clover Kids, held recently at Cape County Park, was "County Fair."
Organized seven years ago by the Young Americans 4-H Club, led by Dortha Stack, Dortha's Day Camp for Clover Kids introduces Clover Kids to what 4-H camp will be like when they get older.
The theme was chosen in honor of the SEMO District Fair's 150th anniversary. Attractions included animal exhibits and treats.
Events included a tractor obstacle course, crafts, carnival games and prizes. Campers planted seeds to grow plants and vegetables for display at the SEMO District Fair.
Closing ceremonies included planting a tree donated by Sunny Hill Garden in honor of Dortha's Day Camp for Clover Kids.