- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Larry Wehmeyer, 51, of Thebes, Ill. died Friday, June 6 at Martin Hills Residential Center in Bloomfield, Mo.
He was born May 6, 1952, at Cape Girardeau, son of Melvin and JoAnn Sickler Wehmeyer.
Wehmeyer was a meat cutter in the Anna-Jonesboro, Ill., area. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his parents; a daughter, Melonie Ann Phillips of Oran, Mo.; a son, Shannon Dow of Sikeston, Mo., a brother, Kevin Wehmeyer of Thebes; a sister, Sheila Echols of Murphysboro, Ill., and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., from 6 to 8 p.m. today. Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. The Rev. Curt Alderson will officiate, with burial in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.