- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- James Daniel "Dan" Russell, 51, of Sikeston died Monday, July 25, 2005, at his home.
He was born Aug. 18, 1953, in Sikeston, son of Clifford Daniel and Vivian Parish Russell.
Russell was a 1971 graduate of Sikeston High School. He worked at Noranda Aluminum from 1977 to 1998, and formerly coached T-ball and Little League baseball. He had been a newspaper carrier for the Standard Democrat since 1982.
Survivors include a son, Mark Russell of North Liberty, Iowa; a daughter, Dana Copeland of Sikeston; a brother, Clifford Russell Jr. of Cartersville, Ga.; and a grandson.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 1:30 p.m. until time of service today.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. today at the chapel, with the Rev. Steve Tippen officiating.