- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
GLENALLEN, Mo. -- Lorene Bernice Elizabeth James, 79, of Anaheim, Calif., died June 6, 2005, at Laguna Hills Nursing Home in Laguna Hills, Calif.
She was born Oct. 30, 1925, at Glenallen, daughter of Andrew Jackson and Susan Ida Sawyers Mouser. She and Jesse H. James Jr. were married Dec. 18, 1945. He died July 29, 2004.
James attended Millersville School. She was a member of Anaheim First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a brother, Cletis Mouser of Jackson; a sister, Odetta Seabaugh of Chattanooga, Tenn.; a grandson; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, four brothers and three sisters.
Graveside service was held June 13 at Westminster Memorial Park in Westminster, Calif.
Announcement courtesy of Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.