- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Virginia "Sissie" Myers, 52, of Marble Hill died Sunday, July 24, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 13, 1952, in Peoria, Ill., daughter of Clarence and Alma Rommel. She and Clyde "Scott" Payne were married Jan. 7, 1972. He died in 1995. She and Roger Myers were married May 15, 1999.
Myers was a cook for the Marble Hill Senior Citizens Meals on Wheels.
Survivors include her husband; mother and stepfather, Alma and Ray Lovette of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; her father of Wappapello, Mo.; four brothers, Roger Harris of St. Louis, Duwayne, Larry and Kenny Rommel of Poplar Bluff; two sisters, Phyllis Rommel and Ruth Lewis of Poplar Bluff.
Friends may call at Cotrell Funeral Home in Poplar Bluff from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Estes officiating. Burial will be in Little Brushy Cemetery.