- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MCCLURE, Ill. -- David Lee Adams, 49, of McClure died Saturday, July 23, 2005, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born Dec. 8, 1955, in St. Louis, son of General A. and Blanche Svitak Adams.
Adams was a graduate of Rankin Technical Institute of Technology. He was a cylinder technician at Nordenia USA Inc. in Jackson. He was a member of Caseyville Baptist Church in Caseyville, Ill., and the American Legion Post at McClure.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps.
Survivors include four brothers, Ted, Edward and Ethan Adams of Caseyville, Steve Adams of Elgin, Ill.; three sisters, Vivian Adams and Beth Adams of Belleville, Ill., Sheena Mappes of Swansea, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Lori Gabelman; and stepgrandsons.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Friends may call at Pete Gaerdner Funeral Home in Belleville from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Clarence Haege officiating. Burial will be in St. Clair Memorial Park at Fairview Heights, Ill.