- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Rita Regina Koechner, 80, of Advance died Monday, July 25, 2005, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born March 17, 1925, in Advance, daughter of Frank and Mary Weber Kenkel. She and Joe Koechner were married in 1953. He died May 20, 1963.
Koechner was a teacher nine years, having taught at Leopold and Oran schools. She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church.
Survivors include three sons, Joe, James and Kevin Koechner, all of Advance; a daughter, Mary Ann McCoy of Dexter, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today. The rosary and parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. David Dohogne officiating. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery.