- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Floy A. Sample, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, July 24, 2005, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Oct. 11, 1918, in Osceola, Ark., daughter of Rufus and Floy Jones Ramsey. She and N. Raymond Sample were married March 10, 1955.
Mrs. Sample had been manager at Lambert's Fabrics. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Michael R. (Joann) Sample of Plano, Texas; a daughter, Nancy (Jeff) Halter of Jackson, Tenn.; two sisters, Polly Grafner and Kathryn Riddle of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren, Amy Sample of Carrollton, Texas, Andrea Sample of Plano, Stacey (Mike) Wells of Germantown, Tenn., Stephanie (Britt) Summers of Memphis, Tenn.; four great-grandchildren, Jack Wells, Matt Wells and Jeff Wells of Germantown, Barrett Summers of Memphis; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Bea Rydstrom.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Loren Boettcher officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society, 937 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701, or Trinity Lutheran Church, 100 N. Frederick, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.