- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Viola S. Drum, 86, of Millersville died Saturday, July 23, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Sept. 8, 1918, in Millersville, daughter of Omar and Reva Yates Stearns. She and Wilson Drum were married Oct. 26, 1935. He died Feb. 20, 1995.
Drum worked at the former International Shoe Company in Jackson for 33 years, retiring in 1984. She was a member of the Millersville United Methodist Church.
Survivors include two sons, Paul Drum of Fruitland and Ronald Drum of Millersville; a brother, Earl Wills; and a sister, Doris Proctor, both of Millersville.
She was preceded in death by a son, daughter and grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. David Schaffner and Craig Petzoldt officiating.
Burial will be at New Salem United Methodist Cemetery near Millersville.