- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Minor, Mo. -- Gettie Louise Chiles, 60, of Minor died Saturday, July 23, 2005, at Transition Care in Minor.
She was born Oct. 4, 1944, in Chaffee, Mo., daughter of the late Curtis and Martha Aldina Treece Chiles.
Chiles was a past member of Cape First Church.
Survivors include three brothers, Lee Treece of Norwalk, Calif., Steve Chiles of Chester, Ill., and Cecil Chiles of Jackson; and a sister, Janet Seabaugh of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a sister and two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. at the chapel with the Rev. Gary Brothers officiating. Burial will be at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.