- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Mary Sue Atteberry, 94, of Charleston died Wednesday, July 20, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born Feb. 14, 1911, in McCool, Miss., daughter of Walter Phillip and Hattie Wade Atteberry.
Atteberry was a secretary in the family business, Atteberry Dairy, a number of years, and later worked at Winchester Chevrolet until retiring in 1983. She was a member of First Baptist Church and had been involved in the pre-school department and vacation Bible school.
Survivors include a brother, Phil Atteberry of Charleston; and two sisters, Thelma Bess of Sikeston and Louise "Til" Moran of Charleston.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home from 10 a.m. today until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Keith Huffman officiating. Burial will be in IOOF Cemetery.