- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Benjamin Welborn, 83, of Sikeston died Thursday, June 5, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
He was born March 12, 1920, in Double Springs, Ala., son of William Jackson and Flora Jane Curtis Welborn. He and Martha Sue Spraggs were married Oct. 30, 1947, in Sikeston.
Welborn was a farmer many years and also worked at Scott County Milling Co.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Diane Ottinger; and a sister, Murl Francis, all of Sikeston.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. The Rev. Marvin Butrum will officiate. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.