- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Richard L. "Dick" Conroy, 62, of Mokena, Ill., died Thursday, June 5, 2003, at St. Francis Hospital in Blue Island, Ill.
He was born Nov. 4, 1940, in Cairo, son of Lawrence J. and Margaret Grindler Conroy.
Conroy retired as sales manager and purchasing agent with Jernberg Forging Co. in Chicago. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mokena, Knights of Columbus Council 1027 and Elks Lodge 651, both in Cairo.
Survivors include his wife, Mary; two daughters, Jennifer Bettenhausen of Manhattan, Ill., JoAnn Marsh of St. Louis; a son, Richard Conroy of New Lenox, Ill.; a brother, Bob Conroy of Cairo; and a grandson.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Cairo. The Rev. Jerome Fortenberry will officiate. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.