- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Eugene Green, 77, of Sikeston died Tuesday, July 19, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
He was born Feb. 15, 1928, in Caruthers-ville, Mo., son of Daniel Sidney "Sid" and Rosie Lee Naile Green. He and Katherine Graham were married July 22, 1954, at Lilbourn, Mo.
Green was a custodian 25 years with Sikeston School District.
He served with the U.S. Army during World War II and the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Jimmy Green of Springfield, Mo., Scott and Ricky Green of Sikeston; five daughters, Margaret Jones, Barbara Warren, Alice Jones, Emily Hargrove and Denise Green, all of Sikeston; two brothers, James Green of Grand Haven, Mich., Thelmer "Pete" Green of Lilbourn; a sister, Dorothy Smith of Portageville, Mo.; 25 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, a brother and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 9:30 a.m. until time of service today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the chapel, with the Rev. John Goss officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.