- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area digest 6/7/03
Cape Girardeau Sr. Babe Ruth sweeps twinbill
The Cape Girardeau Sr. Babe Ruth A's swept a doubleheader from Jackson Thursday night at Capaha Field.
The A's (6-0) won an error-filled opener 3-1 behind a strong pitching performance by Tim Davis. Davis pitched a complete game, allowing only one hit. Davis struck out nine and walked only two. The A's managed only two hits themselves in the opener.
In the second game the A's offense came to life. Andy Ralls led the offensive attack with three hits and the A's won 14-6. Jared Jinkerson pitched 4 2/3 innings for the win. Jinkerson allowed three hits, walked two and struck out five. Jeff Brosey pitched 2 1/3 scoreless innings in relief for the A's.
On Wednesday night the A's swept a doubleheader on the road in Charleston. The A's won the first game 6-1 and the second 10-8.
-- From staff reports