- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Oressie Mae Levy, 80, of Mounds died Friday, July 15, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 25, 1925, in Mounds, daughter of Marion Parm and Mamie Lowe. She and Sam Levy were married March 1, 1950, and he preceded her in death.
Survivors include five sons, Wardell G. Levy of Mounds, Sam M. Levy of Woodbridge, Va., Marvin W. Levy of Tacoma, Wash., Larry D. Levy of Metropolis, Ill., and Orthel Levy of Mounds; two daughters, Dianne Oates and Benay R. Johnson, both of St. Louis; 19 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents and spouse, she was preceded in death by a son, four brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call today from 6 to 8 p.m. at Massie Funeral Home in Mounds. Funeral will be Thursday at 10 a.m. at the funeral home. Terry Holder will officiate, with burial in Mound City National Cemetery.