- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Rosemary Soehlig, 81, of Jacksonville, Fla., died Wednesday, July 13, 2005, in a Jacksonville hospital.
She was born April 25, 1924, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Edwin and Vesta Schlegel. She and Floyd Soehlig were married April 4, 1942.
Soehlig was a member of St. Paul United Methodist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Reggie Soehlig of Jacksonville; a daughter, Stephanie Davis of Jacksonville; two brothers, Charles Schlegel of Cape Girardeau, Larry Schlegel of Chaffee, Mo.; two sisters, Helen Maintz and Becky Illers of Cape Girardeau; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and two sisters.
The funeral was held July 16 at Arlington Park Funeral Home in Jacksonville, with Dr. Joseph Jursa officiating. Burial was in Arlington Park Cemetery in Jacksonville.