- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Advance, Mo. -- Kenneth Rex Overbey, 78, of Advance, passed away July 16, 2005, at his home.
He was born Oct. 16, 1926, in Stoddard County, Mo., son of the late Robert and Mattie Strainey Overbey.
Overbey was a retired farmer and a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving in World War II.
Survivors include two sons, Rex Overbey of Leopold, Mo., and Kendrick Overbey Holder of Murray, Ky.; his life-long friend, Joyce Holder of Advance; four sisters, Maude Cossou of Bell City, Mo., Hazel Bryant of Advance, Lillian Thompson of Advance and Thelma McGill of Sikeston; two grandchildren and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Bro. Dan Overton officiating. Burial will be at Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Advance.