- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
BENTON, Mo. -- Mary Jane Bollinger, 82, of Benton died Thursday, July 14, 2005, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 26, 1922, at Benton, daughter of Levi and Ertie Cannon Brock. She and Orland J. Bollinger were married Aug. 31, 1941, at Benton.
Mary was a graduate of Benton High School, and a lifelong resident of Benton. The family owned and operated Scott County Abstract Co. many years, where she was secretary 25 years. The company was sold to her niece and husband, Carol and Tom Gilmore, and is now called SEMO Title Co. in Sikeston, Mo. She was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church
Survivors include a son, Orland Jim Bollinger and wife Linda of Benton; and a grandson, O.J. Bollinger and wife Ashley of Benton.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Orland J. Bollinger Jan. 3, 2004; two brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Benton Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 5.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Denis Church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Church Cemetery.