- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Eddie Walton, 82, of Sikeston died Tuesday, July 12, 2005, at his home.
He was born Oct. 4, 1922, in Sardis, Miss., son of Ben and Elgenie Walton. He and Willie Etta Pipkins were married Nov. 21, 1942. She died Dec. 11, 2000.
Walton worked at Malone and Hyde more than 25 years. He also served as mayor of Haywood City, Mo. He helped build and was an usher at Bowman Street Church. He was a lifelong member of the Church of Christ.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include three sons, David Walton of New Madrid, Mo., Lonn Walton of St. Charles, Mo., Eddie Walton Jr. of Chicago; six daughters, Louise McGhee, Vernell Walton and Marie Walton of Sikeston, Diane Walton of University City, Mo., Joanna Blue of Cape Girardeau, and Wilma Ward of Florissant, Mo.; a sister, Fannie Holmes of Alton, Ill.; a brother, Dorvice Walton of Omaha, Neb.; 25 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by several brothers and sisters.
Friends may call at Morehouse Church of Christ in Morehouse, Mo., from 11 a.m. until time of service Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with James Blue, Philemon Ward and Dale Grissom officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Sikeston.