- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Farrell Bost, 84, of Sikeston died Wednesday, July 13, 2005, at Hunter Acres Caring Center.
He was born Feb. 12, 1921, in Cleveland, Ark., son of J.J. Bost and Pearline Summers Bost. He and Geneva Halbrook were married Aug. 14, 1945, in Cleveland.
The family moved to Missouri in 1948. He was a retired farmer, and attended First Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robert and Kenneth Bost of Sikeston, James Bost of Matthews, Mo.; a daughter, Ruth Shuffit of Sikeston; a half brother, Fines McCoy of Scotland, Ark.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, a sister, five half brothers and a grandson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home. The Rev. Ron Tate will officiate. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.