- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Helen Anne Coleman, 86, of Anna died Wednesday, July 13, 2005, at her home.
She was born March 6, 1919, daughter of Jerry and Anna Novak. She and William Coleman were married on May 23, 1942, in Chicago. He died in 1997.
Coleman lived in Kankakee, Ill., before moving to Anna and living there for 10 years. Coleman worked at South Chicago Savings Bank and as a real estate agent, a nurse's aide at Manteno State Hospital and a bookkeeper at Pope Brace Co.
Survivors include five sons, John Coleman of North Chicago, Ill., Larry Coleman of Kankakee, Neil Coleman of Buncombe, Ill., James Coleman of Cary, N.C., Jerry Coleman of Anna; two daughters, Eileen Coleman of Anna, Laura Coleman Noeth of Hopkinsville, Ky.; two brothers, Jerry Novak of Renton, Wash., Joseph Novak of Crown Point, Ind.; 15 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister and two brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna. A funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Anna.