- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Verna Dell Petzoldt, 68, of Oak Ridge died Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 22, 1934, in Oak Ridge, daughter of Lynn and Artie Barks Roberts. She and Royal Petzoldt were married April 8, 1967.
Petzoldt was a secretary at Shawneetown Feed and Seed from 1954 to 1970. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in New Wells, where she taught Sunday School many years, and was a member of the choir and Lutheran Women's League. She was a member of Lamplighters Homemakers Club and a volunteer with American Cancer Society.
Survivors include her husband, and a son, David Petzoldt of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and at Immanuel Lutheran Church in New Wells after 9 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Walter Patzwitz officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.