- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ZALMA, Mo.-- Milford Isaac Sturgeon, 92, of Zalma died Friday, July 8, 2005, at Advance Nursing Center in Advance, Mo.
He was born April 10, 1913, at Zalma, son of Gilbert Henry and Rozina Gaines Sturgeon. He and Sharon Pape were married Sept. 14, 1973.
Sturgeon was an owner and operator of Lemons Grocery Store and had farmed. He was a member of Zalma Masonic Lodge 545 and Pleasant Valley General Baptist Church, and attended Brush Creek Missionary Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Dana Wade and Maria Gunn of Zalma; two sisters, Marie Snider of Edwards-ville, Ill., Reeda Durham of Advance; six grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and his twin sister.
The funeral was held Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo. The Rev. Bill Sargent officiated. Burial was in Union Hill Cemetery near Zalma.