- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DEXTER, Mo. -- Dale Pixley, 65, of Dexter died Monday, July 11, 2005, at his residence.
He was born Aug. 19, 1939, in Dexter, son of Bernard and Mary Beckham Pixley.
Pixley worked in auto body repair most of his life and was a former member of the National Guard and a lifelong resident of Dexter.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Bernard and Eunice Pixley of Dexter; six sons, Arlen Pixley of New Madrid, Mo., Dale Ray Pixley II, Garett, Tony, Aaron and Adam Pixley, all of Dexter; 10 daughters, Mary Cooper of Turner, Mich., Dana Fulbright of Marble Hill, Mo., Tina Whitehead, Sara Chubb and Audra Pixley, all of Zalma, Mo., Lela Wiseman, Lana Whitley, Anna and Vicky Pixley, all of Advance, Mo., and Carrie McAllister of Cape Girardeau; 41 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and a friend, Marilyn Kaye Scroggins of Dexter.
He was preceded in death by his mother, a son, a daughter and a brother.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. today at the Rainey-Mathis Funeral Chapel in Dexter. The Rev. Vaughn Wright will officiate. Burial in the Dexter Cemetery.