- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Carrie E. Smith, 52, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, July 11, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born May 28, 1953, in Kansas City, Mo., daughter of H. Wayne and Wilma Tucker Mangus. She and Michael E. Smith were married July 23, 1979, in Denver, Colo.
Smith was a former inventory control specialist at Wal-Mart in Carbondale, Ill., and a former advertising clerk at Rocky Mountain News.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Rachel Orr of Cape Girardeau; her mother, Wilma Price of Brownsville, Texas; two brothers, Harold Mangus of Pueblo, Colo., Gary Mangus of Denver, Colo.; two sisters, Carol Rutherford of Cape Girardeau, and Mary Price of Brownsville.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 10 a.m. to service time Thursday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Patrick Nwokoye officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.