- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Gene and Beverly Koenig of Perryville announce the engagement of their daughter, Kristen Danielle Koenig, to Thomas James Canter, both of St. Charles, Mo. He is the son of James Canter of St. Charles and Marilyn Bohnert of Perryville.
Koenig is a 1995 graduate of Perryville High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in social work from Southeast Missouri State University in 1999, and a master's degree in public policy administration from the University of Missouri-St. Louis in 2004. She is an annual giving coordinator with St. Louis Psychoanalytic Institute.
Canter is a 1996 graduate of Perryville High School, and a 1997 graduate of Wyoming Technical Institute in Laramie. He is an automotive technician at Ruether Jeep Chrysler.
A Sept. 17 wedding is planned at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville.