- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Silas "Si" Otten, 73, of Anna died Saturday, July 9, 2005, at home.
He was born Aug. 31, 1931, in Randolph County, Ill., son of Henry C. and Louise Huch Otten. He and Evelyn Boyd were married Aug. 30, 1952, at Salem, Ill.
Otten retired from the Anna Quarry after working as a supervisor. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Marcia Abell of Morris, Ill., Terri Partridge of Anna; a son, Mike Otten of Anna; two brothers, Paul Otten of Jonesboro, Ill., Amos Otten of Red Bud, Ill.; three sisters, Helen Kreutz, Lola Edmonds, both of Anna, Janet Eddleman of Dongola, Ill.; four grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Eidson officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.