- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Robber receives 12 life sentences
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A career criminal has been sentenced to 12 life terms in prison for his part in a series of holdups at bars, liquor stores and other businesses over a six-week period in 2003 and 2004. Anthony Johnson, 35, will serve the sentences concurrently and be eligible for parole in 25 years.
"If I had the opportunity to impose these sentences consecutively ... I would have done so," Jackson County Circuit Judge Sandra Midkiff told Johnson on Friday.