- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Willa L. "Toots" Haman, 80, of Lake Hamilton, Fla., died Thursday, July 7, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 29, 1924, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of R.W. and Ersa Irene Nichols.
She was a graduate of Central High School in Cape Girardeau and operated a cleaning business in the area for more than 25 years. She moved to Florida six years ago.
She was a member of Dundee Baptist Church in Dundee, Fla., and a former member of Red Star Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include son Harold Haman Jr. of Lake Hamilton, Fla.; two daughters, Shirley Jones of Chaffee, Mo., Jackie Kinder of Tilsit; two sisters, Joyce Holloway of Cape Girardeau, Melba Masterson of Panama City, Fla.; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Justin Sullivan officiating.