- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Willa L. "Toots" Haman, 80, of Lake Hamilton, Fla., died Thursday, July 7, 2005, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 29, 1924, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of R.W. and Ersa Irene Nichols.
She was a graduate of Central High School in Cape Girardeau and operated a cleaning business in the area for more than 25 years. She moved to Florida six years ago.
She was a member of Dundee Baptist Church in Dundee, Fla., and a former member of Red Star Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include son Harold Haman Jr. of Lake Hamilton, Fla.; two daughters, Shirley Jones of Chaffee, Mo., Jackie Kinder of Tilsit; two sisters, Joyce Holloway of Cape Girardeau, Melba Masterson of Panama City, Fla.; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Justin Sullivan officiating.