- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PULASKI, Ill. -- Larry Leon Reeves, 64, of Pulaski died Thursday, July 7, 2005, at John Cochran Veterans Medical Center in St. Louis.
He was born Feb. 25, 1941, at Mounds, Ill., son of Carl Franklin and Muriel Janet "Mermie" Palmer Reeves.
Mr. Reeves was a PBX truck driver 25 years. He was a member of Pulaski Christian Church.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include two sons, William Carl Reeves of Hermitage, Tenn., James Blaine Reeves of Pulaski; his mother, Mermie Reeves of Pulaski; a brother, David Keith Reeves of St. Louis; several nephews, nieces and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his father, Carl F. Reeves, May 4, 1988, and by a sister, Carolyn Sue Jones, Aug. 6, 1980.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Sunday at Pulaski Christian Church from 12:30 p.m. to service time.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the church, with Wiley D. Godfrey officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Pulaski, with full military honors by Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 in Mounds, Ill.
Memorials may be made in memory of Mr. Reeves to Rose Hill Cemetery Association, c/o Mrs. Agnes Thurston, P.O. Box 97, Pulaski, Ill., 62976.