- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Emilee V. Schmidt, 98, of Oak Ridge died Thursday, July 7, 2005, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 5, 1906, at Trimble, Mo., daughter of Henry Lee and Nellie Elizabeth Wilson Spann. She and Walker Kennett Schmidt were married Aug. 8, 1940. He died Oct. 3, 1968.
Schmidt attended Central Missouri State University at Warrensburg and Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield. She taught at Daisy and Clippard rural schools, at Oak Ridge and Jackson school districts a total of 33 years. She was a member of Stoney Point Presbyterian Church at Trimble.
Survivors include friends, Leonard and Jacqueline Ludwig of Oak Ridge.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Craig Petzoldt officiating. Burial will be in Goshen Cemetery at Oak Ridge.