- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Russell Arthur Penrose, 83, of Jackson died Wednesday, July 6, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 31, 1921, in Corning, Ark., son of Arthur and Louella Peyton Penrose. He and Helen Mae Lowes were married Nov. 19, 1944. She died June 8, 2001.
Mr. Penrose worked more than 25 years in the service department at Brennecke Chevrolet, retiring in 1984. He was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church more than 60 years.
He served with the U.S. Army in Panama and the Philippines during World War II. He worked two years in the Civilian Conservation Corps.
Survivors include a daughter, Shirley Mae Overbeck and husband Clifford of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Carl Penrose of Florissant, Mo., Logan Penrose of DeSoto, Mo.; two sisters, Evelyn Waters of Alton, Ill., Marie Schrader of St. Louis; two grandsons, Quentin Overbeck and wife Tabatha, Jeffery Overbeck; and six great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from noon to service time today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmie Corbin officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to New McKendree United Methodist Church or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.