- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Leola C. Tackaberry Boyer, 81, of Perryville died Tuesday, July 5, 2005, at Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville.
She was born March 30, 1924, in Perry County, daughter of the late Harry J. Tackaberry Sr. and Hilda V. Holtermann Tackaberry. She and James L. Boyer were married on Nov. 30, 1978.
Boyer was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church and Berean Bible Class in Perryville.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Bruce Cory of St. Louis, Mo., and the Rev. Gregory Cory of Montgomery, Ala.; a daughter, Lola Ann Crowder of Granite City, Ill.; four stepsons, James Jr., Daniel, Mark and Matthew Boyer, all of St. Louis; two stepdaughters, Marsha Zotta of St. Louis and Myra Hall of Kansas City, Mo.; a brother, Harry "Mickey" Tackaberry of Perryville; a sister, Marie Young of Perryville; 10 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter and a twin sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel in Perryville.
Funeral will be Saturday at 1 p.m. at Immanuel Lutheran Church. The Rev. Matthew Marks will officiate, with burial in the church cemetery.