- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Al Meadows, 91, of Cairo died Tuesday, July 5, 2005, at Jennie Stuart Hospital in Hopkinsville, Ky.
He was born March 20, 1914, at Wingo, Ky., son of the late William and Cammie Watson Meadows. He was married to Aileen Meadows.
Meadows was a member of St. Patrick's Catholic Church and the Egyptian Country Club. He was a veteran of World War II serving in the U.S. Coast Guard.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Carmen Kay Comollo of Eddyville, Ky., Annie Meadows Tibone of Las Vegas; two sons, Phillip Meadows of Calhoun, Ga., Don Meadows of Coco, Fla.; a sister, Lois Wadlington of Pacific, Mo.; a brother, Nolen Russel Meadows of Mayfield, Ky.; seven grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
There is no visitation.
A private graveside service will be held Friday at 2 p.m. at St. Mary's Cemetery in Mounds, Ill. Monsignor Bill McGhee and Dr. Larry L. Potts will officiate.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.