- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
THEBES, Ill. -- Frank Mathis, 71, of Thebes died Wednesday, July 6, 2005, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 1, 1933, at Thebes, son of the late Charlie and Sula Winn Mathis. He and Patricia Prater were married Oct. 9, 1962.
Mathis was retired from maintenance at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau and was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife.
He was preceded in death by a brother, a half-brother and a half-sister.
Friends may call from noon to 2 p.m. Friday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Paul Prater will officiate, with burial in Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes.