- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ORAN, Mo. -- Christena Marie Pobst, 86, of Oran died Tuesday, July 5, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 25, 1918, at Oran, daughter of Joseph and Mary Gosche Hahn. She and Louis M. Pobst were married April 22, 1941. He died Aug. 26, 2000.
Mrs. Pobst was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church at Oran, St. Ann Sodality, Knights of Columbus Council 4311, K.C.'ettes, and Oran Senior Citizens.
Survivors include two sons, Vernon and Andrew Pobst of Oran; five daughters, Barbara Freed of Advance, Mo., Sharon Phillips of Downey, Calif., Brenda Swain of Chaffee, Mo., Glenda Owen of Richmond, Mo., and Mary Wright of St. Charles, Mo.; a brother, Herbert Hahn of Oran; 21 grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call from 8 to 9:40 a.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Guardian Angel Catholic Church. The Rev. John Harth will officiate. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Catholic Cemetery.