- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Rachel Ruth Pierce, 88, of Sikeston died Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 8, 1915, in Hornersville, Mo., daughter of Peter V. and Lora Moody Branum. She and Cheston Pierce were married July 25, 1971, in Sikeston.
Pierce worked at Anchor Toy Co. 16 years. She served with the U.S. Navy in Washington, D.C.
Survivors include her husband; three sisters, Betty Yeargain, Juanita Alcorn and Imojean Arnold, all of Sikeston.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Sandra Schaller officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.