- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Carl Preston Hinkle, 80, of Anna died Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at Illinois Veterans Home in Anna.
He was born Feb. 25, 1923, in Anna, son of Francis and Lena Jackson Hinkle. He and Ruth Vowels were married Jan. 6, 1941, at Charleston, Mo.
Hinkle retired as an assembly worker at the former Florsheim Shoe Co. in Anna. He was a member of VFW Post 3455 in Anna, and DAV Chapter in Murphysboro, Ill.
He was a veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Rebecca Stadt of Cape Girardeau; a son, Carl Hinkle of Lake City, Fla.; a brother, Harry Hinkle of Anna; a sister, Opal Brimm of Anna; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 10 a.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dr. Richard Keeley officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery, with full military honors by VFW Post 3455.