- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Florence Lee Howard, 79, of Sikeston died Saturday, July 2, 2005, at her home.
Howard was born Aug. 6, 1925, in Huntianna, Miss., daughter of the late Rodger and Mamie Williams.
She and George Howard were married in 1942. He died on Nov. 27, 1983.
Howard was a Missouri resident for many years and a member of the Divine Second Chance Church in Sikeston.
Survivors include three sons, James Howard of Chicago and David and Sydney Howard of Sikeston; four daughters, Joyce Ann Lewis, Evon Beasley and Bessie Mae Neal of Sikeston and Estella Fox of Haywood City, Mo.; 37 grandchildren; and 47 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a daughter.
Friends may call Saturday from 11 a.m. to the funeral hour at 1 p.m. at Greers Chapel Baptist Church in Sikeston. The Revs. Roy Bonner and Clay Willis will officiate, with burial in Sunset of Memories Cemetery in Sikeston. Williams Funeral Home in Sikeston is in charge of arrangements.