- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Wanda Jane Cook, 75, of Anna died Tuesday, July 5, 2005, at City Care Center.
She was born April 12, 1929, in Anna, daughter of Lee and Cora Pearce Brimm. She and Herschel Summers were married in 1928 in Anna. He died in September 1985. She later married John Cook in Anna.
Cook was a member of Dongola United Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Sharon Broadway of Danville, Ill.; two sons, Herschel Summers Jr. of Goreville, Ill., Michael Summers of Anna; a sister, Geraldine Smith of Buncombe, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sons and a sister.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 11 a.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Goins officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.